What is a Virtual Desktop? Info You Can Use
To most, virtualization is still a fairly new technology. The corporate sector, however, seems to be already familiarized with the benefits virtualization offers, especially small and mid-sized businesses. For this reason, the new trend for these companies is virtualizing employees’ desktops.
Virtual and traditional desktops function in a similar way. The key difference is that virtual desktops store the information remotely instead of locally, providing a layer of security to your data. Also virtual desktops are able to run programs and process applications faster and better.
But what can this virtual solution offer businesses? Here are some of the most important advantages:
- Security. Data security is one of the major benefits of desktop virtualization mainly because the virtual machine is completely separate from the computer’s hardware.
- Cost-efficiency. Resources are only used when needed, allowing for energy and cost savings.
- Data integration. Data backup and administration is centralized, allowing users to have better access to the centralized information.
- Data management. This solution enables IT administrators to manage employees’ computers in an easier way via remote access and management.
- Compatibility. Virtual desktops experience less compatibility issues than regular desktops.
Virtual desktops have proven to tremendously benefit businesses, but don’t rush into implementing this solution! First, try determining if virtualization is right for your business and if it can significantly boost your productivity.
Learn more about desktop virtualization for companies in Raleigh-Durham, NC by contacting Petronella Computer Consultants.