Network Security: Are You Safe?
As a business owner, you know what network security means and the impact it has on your company, but have you evaluated to see if your current network security practices are enough to properly protect your business? Small and medium sized business like yours in Raleigh-Durham, NC often have a harder time trying to keep their systems protected against today’s data and network threats because of their size and limited financial resources.
The good news is that by making sure the following basic components are included in your network security program, you can keep your company’s information secure:
- Antivirus: Protects your system against viruses, worms, and Trojan horses.
- Anti-spyware: Prevents spyware and adware from being installed in your system.
- Firewall: Blocks unauthorized access to your network and prevents hacker attacks, data breaches and identity theft.
- Intrusion prevention systems (IPS): Identifies fast-spreading threats.
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN): Provides secure remote access.
After carefully evaluating the effectiveness of your current network security policies alongside IT budget, you need to determine if your internal IT department delivers the protection your company requires against potential risks.
In case your IT budget is already too high and your network is not safe enough, consider Petronella Petronella Computer Consultants, Inc. as your IT managed support service provider. We will ensure your company’s data and network are protected by offering you the latest network security technology and procedures, while reducing your monthly or annual IT budget.